Dear Sycamore Canyon School Families,
The children are off to a great start at SCS this year and it is in large part due to the phenomenal support Sycamore Canyon receives from parents like you.
Have you ever wondered what type of contributions the PTSA makes to enhance our children’s education and support the work that our teachers do so well? Here are just a few examples of what the PTSA does:
You might wonder, “Don’t our taxes cover all of these expenses?” Unfortunately, they do not, which is why this makes the PTSA’s role crucial. Several years ago we initiated our very successful annual Direct Contribution Campaign in lieu of asking families to sell products as a fundraiser (e.g., candy, gift-wrap, etc. door-to-door). This way absolutely 100% of your donation will go directly to the school. It is 100% tax-deductible and it requires minimal effort.
- Donates funds to the school in order to cover the cost of many of our specialists, some at 100%, for a total of $60,000 last year.
- Donations to our teachers to enrich their classroom; $15K last year.
- Provides large annual grants to both school libraries to keep our collection current, diverse and exciting.
- Equipment purchases made in 2011-2012 include: LCD projectors in our Kindergarten classrooms, replacement ink cartridges for classroom printers, replacement light bulbs for classroom LCD projectors and scientific graphing calculators for the MS Math Dept.
- Sponsors the special events that our children benefit from including Red Ribbon Week, Reflections and Women in History Month.
- Keeps us all informed about SCS happenings through the school website and our new monthly newsletter.
Donations in any amount will be appreciated—every dollar helps. As you choose the amount of your gift, consider how your child (or children) benefits from the specialists, programs and materials available at SCS and remember that the PTSA—through your support—is instrumental in making it all happen.
Thank you for your support!
The PTSA Executive Board