Our Vision through Core Values
Sycamore Canyon will continually strive to fulfill this mission by:
- maximizing each student’s potential through the sharing of best practices, providing engaging and dynamic learning activities, and consistently choosing to do what is in the best interest of each student;
- promoting students’ belief in themselves, stretching them beyond the curriculum through differentiated teaching and learning, and fostering developmentally appropriate critical thinking skills;
- encouraging students in their development of honesty, courage, humility, justice, compassion, leadership, service, and a respect for others as we contribute to our school community and beyond;
- inviting parents as partners in the educational process through meaningful and timely communication, useful opportunities to volunteer, and a valuable voice in their child’s development and learning;
- fostering participation in a wide range of purposeful classroom and extracurricular activities designed to encourage, challenge, and enrich the lives of all students;
- continuing to build a safe and inclusive environment where staff encourage a balanced life, responsible choices, and overall wellness.
Our Vision through Student Goals
What will I learn at Sycamore Canyon?
I will demonstrate proficiency and confidence that I have knowledge, critical thinking, and study skills necessary for my education today and tomorrow.
I will demonstrate an ability to express compassion and show respect for others, including myself, while in the classroom, elsewhere on campus, or within our community, and to offer my time, abilities, and service along the way.
I will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively by reading, writing, listening, and speaking critically and reflectively.
Research and Technology:
I will demonstrate proficiency with the use of library resources and technology to conduct research, enhance learning, teach others, and creatively solve problems.
I will demonstrate an ability to make positive choices with my time and interactions with others to live a healthy, physically fit, and balanced life.